Identifying Environmental Hazards in Buildings
As much as possible we want to control or avoid conditions that could result to deaths especially in our work place. Hazards are potential causes which give us the reason to asses our buildings and surroundings to eliminate the risk.
Start by checking out these relevant resources for guidance.
- duct cleaning Melbourne : When hiring a duct cleaning Melbourne expert, choose a company that has an extensive experience in the industry.
- mig welding equipment : When it comes to MIG welding equipment, make Fronius your number one choice!
- house painter sydney : Whenever you require a house painter Sydney, contact Paint Pro right away.
- nesl solar panels : Discover the great savings you can enjoy with the help of NESL solar panels.
- plumbers sydney : Learn about the plumbers Sydney offering 24-hour services to know who to call in case of emergency.
- impact table : Check out a company that can provide you with an impact table suitable for your mining processes.
- chlorinators : Discover one of the pool and spa specialists in Australia from whom you can procure the chlorinators you need.
- awnings Melbourne : For the reliable awnings Melbourne units you require, contact Undercover Blinds right away!
- wooden floor shop ltd : Wooden Floor Shop Ltd is one of the established suppliers of quality flooring products in the UK.
- steel bending : Take a look at the steel bending products offered by Bendcraft.
Top Workplace Hazards
Slip and Trips. According to statistics these two are the most common causes of accidental injury at work. This happens when there are wet floors, uneven surfaces, improper floor coverings, trailing cables, and poor lightning.
Electrical Hazards. Wires and devices in offices can easily ignite and burn, especially when the electricity supply is not turned off properly. Accounted injuries involve electrocution, burns and shocks. Avoid overloading outlets and do not use extension wires as much as possible. Before cleaning, make sure that all devices are disconnected.
Fire Risks. All employees must undergo fire drill and safety seminars to be knowledgeable of all escape routes in the building. Everyone must be prepared in order to survive. Safety instructions should be visible inside the premises. Most of the companies have fire alarms, evacuation plans, and fire fighting equipments already in place. Common causes of fire are electrical misuse, unattended cooking machine, and ignition of waste materials.
Air Quality Inside the Office. Poor ventilation may contribute to different health problems. This may include spreading of microbiological contaminants, stress, discomfort, and many others. Ventilation must be regularly checked. Adequate temperature must be observed. Any renovation and construction must be closely monitored. Exhaust equipments that generate contaminants directly outside the building.
Ergonomics. Poor workstation ergonomics can endanger health and safety. Proper productivity tools must be provided to ensure safety of the workers. Related problems are the following eye irritation, carpal tunnel syndrome, neck and back pains, and many other.
To provide safety inside the building, everyone must be aware of the safety practices and procedures. Tools and other equipments must be in good condition and properly stored. Poor housekeeping can endanger lives, lead to injury, and cause health problems. In case you decide to eliminate the risk in your commercial enterprise make sure that is properly cleaned by professional and effective housekeeping experts.